NOTE: This article is 3 years or older so its information may no longer be relevant. Read on at your own discretion! Comments for this article have automatically been locked, refer to the FAQ
for more details.
After getting my new Mac
, I had to reinstall all my apps, including SQL Developer
. That's when I started to run into this issue - every time I tried to expand a table to see its structure, I would get the following error
My Messages Log
started to fill up with these and of course I couldn't see the structure of the tables like I wanted to.
Turns out fixing this problem is easy. Open up the SQL Developer Preferences
, then navigate to Database
> Object Viewer
. Untick the box that says Use ORA_ROWSCN for DataEditor insert and update statements
That's it! After this change SQL Developer
should work as expected.
A quick disclaimer...
Although I put in a great effort into researching all the topics I cover, mistakes can happen.
If you spot something out of place, please do let me know.
All content and opinions expressed on this Blog are my own and do not represent the opinions of my employer (Oracle).
Use of any information contained in this blog post/article is subject to this disclaimer
Other posts you may like...