Igor's Blog

23-Sep-2016
Resolving GAE deployment error - 'An error occured while deploying to AppEngine'
I was doing some updates to my Guru JSON-RPC Tester recently and when it came to deploying my changes to AppEngine, I was presented with this very uninformative error message - "An error occured while deploying to AppEngine. See the error log for more details". That didn't give me any clue as to what the actual problem was, not to mention the obvious spelling mistake in the error message.
06-Oct-2013
Implementing Thingiverse OAuth2 with Google App Engine
I've been working on the next version of Extrudifier that will have integration to Thingiverse for direct uploads and Thing creations right from the Extrudifier app. This needed a bit of work to get the OAuth2 workflow set up, this is what I describe in this post. I chose to go with Google App Engine and Servlets because this was the easy and free and could be up and running quite quickly. All that's needed to implement this integration is a bit of JavaScript, a Java Servlet and some App Engine magic.
23-Apr-2013
Development with App Engine, Bootstrap, JSON and a bit of JavaScript
I've been using JSON-RPC quite a bit lately and I wanted to have a way of calling my service without writing any special proxy code or using additional libraries, so I've put together a GAE App that uses Twitter Bootstrap for the UI and the json2.js to parse the JSON that's received using the XMLHttpRequest object. It was so quick and easy and the results look quite good.
16-Apr-2013
Generating dynamic images using HTML5 canvas with Google App Engine
Not so long ago I wrote a small JSP page for my GAE based game that displayed all of the players and their basic stats plus an image representing their game map. This worked great on the development server, but on the production server no maps were being generated. Why? Because Google does not permit ImageIO classes to run on their servers. I started looking for other libraries to implement the same functionality and sadly didn't find much. So my solution was to do it in HTML5 instead.
13-Mar-2013
JDO, you're dumped, App Engine and bi-directional relationships
After searching high and low to find out how to add a child object to a parent in JDO efficiently and getting ever more frustrated with the lack of good documentation, I've decided to just write some of my own tests to see what's possible and how well it works.
11-Mar-2013
Getting 100% JUnit Test Coverage for JDO objects in App Engine
Once I started writing unit tests for the objects I was persisting into the HRD in App Engine via JDO, I've noticed that the coverage for all of my classes was below 100%. This didn't seem right to me because I was certain that I was testing everything.
10-Mar-2013
Parents, Children and Ancestor queries in Google App Engine with JDO
Fetching a child object by the ID of the parent using JDO had me stuck for a while. According to this article "reads, writes, and ancestor queries will always reflect the results of the commit" in the Google App Engine data store (HRD). After trying various things and reading lots of documentation and forum posts it all came down to how I modelled my objects. Now when I persist a parent object with an attached child, then immediately perform a query to fetch that child, the data returns as expected.
06-Mar-2013
A simple JSON-RPC server with Google AppEngine
I've started exploring the use of Google AppEngine for a project I'm working on. JSON was one of the technologies that was going to be used and JSON-RPC looked like an attractive way of exposing functionality without writing your own server network code.

Previous Post

Next Post

Programming, DIY, Games, Hacks, Tech and more.
Follow me on...
Current and Past Projects
See my Resume

Subscribe


RSS Feed

My Other Web Sites

Igor and Elise's Travels
Riverside Expressway Cam
StrFunc() Online
300 George St Blogumentary
Guru JSON-RPC Tester
Extrudifier Object Designer

Recent Blog Posts

NeoOffice Viewer macOS Word Document viewer vs Preview and Microsoft Word

Importance of cleaning the internal fans and heatsinks in a MacBook Pro

Adding an email subscribe feature to your Blog with Blogtrottr

How to remove Google's logo from your G Suite applications

Pedestal fan transformed into a ceiling fan

Testing the Velvet WiFi Hotshot signal strength

Improving slow download speeds on the PS4 and PSN

Add batch image resize functionality to macOS using Automator

Show transfer percentage and speed when copying files in Linux and Bash

So I finally got to try eating some space food

Recent Galleries

Space Food - Chocolate Ice Cream with Chocolate Chips

Legeod Star Wars AT-DP kit

DIY spare parts computer build with a RAIDMAX Anura case

Fake 'Lepin' brand Lego packaging

Hardwood garden bench with clear resin void filler

Fixing a 3D printer extruder that stopped heating up

Easily increase disk space in a Lenovo Ideapad 100S 14" laptop with an M.2 SSD

Making a multi-piece 3D printed solder spool holder stand

DIY indoor apartment grow light wiring

Good Friday Electronics fun Easter Bunny LED PCB Kit IBEABU-01.0

Top Categories

Blogs I follow

Matt Moores Blog
Georgi's FlatPress Guide
Perplexing Permutations
The Security Sleuth

Friends

RAWS Parts Online
Alpha Dimensions Hosting
Kristensen Photography
Ilia Rogatchevski
Travelling Fairy

Blog Activity

Blog Activity
Please follow me on...