Testing the Velvet WiFi Hotshot signal strength I received my Velvet Hotshot device last year and did an initial review of it. Around the same time I also collected some data on signal strength for the device but didn't have time to really look into it or write about it due to an extended period of travel. Now I've finally got around to looking at the results, so lets see how well the Hotshot stacks up.
Testing the BYOC Mouse Guitar Pedal I've written previous posts about Putting together the BYOC Mouse guitar pedal kit and the second part of the kit construction. Further I wrote about painting the pedal case. This post ties everything up and is about how I tested the pedal once it was fully assembled and ready to roll (or distort rather!)
Adding HTTP Authentication to SoapUI testrunner.sh test cases I've written recently about some peculiar behaviour in SoapUI when using Setup Scripts and also about using testrunner.sh and project properties to to run SoapUI tests via the command line. Those articles were informative in their own right but they didn't cover one important part that many web services usually (and should!) have - authentication. So I'm going to tackle that here, or specifically how to make your SoapUI test cases authenticate to a web service.
Running test case in SoapUI fails to run test suite Groovy Setup Script I've been doing testing with SoapUI testrunner.sh script recently and have come across a very peculiar behaviour. If you run a specific test case, testrunner.sh will not execute the Groovy Setup Script for the test suite that the test case belongs to. However at the same time if you enable response capture and don't specify the test suite, the test suite name will appear as a part of the request/response file name. It seems that SoapUI is still processing the test suite, just not running any of its setup code.
Testing using SoapUI property values, SOAP response capture and no GUI I recently had to analyse the performance of a web service that can be used to upload documents into a database, SoapUI was the natural choice for this but I didn't want to run it from my laptop so I could avoid network transfer times interfering with my results. This meant I had to run SoapUI directly on the server where the web service was running.
Using Mockito and JUnit to test a SOAPHandler implementation While adding JUnit unit tests to one of the projects I've contributed to I've come across a SOAPHandler implementation that was completely untested. I couldn't let that be so decided that at least some test coverage was required. Unfortunately testing a SOAPHandler is not so easy, but with a bit of Mockito magic is very doable.