Igor Kromin |   Consultant. Coder. Blogger. Tinkerer. Gamer.
Notice: I'm taking a break from blogging to focus on Atari Gamer . com, check it out!

NOTE: This article is 3 years or older so its information may no longer be relevant. Read on at your own discretion! Comments for this article have automatically been locked, refer to the FAQ for more details.
I've been porting an older ADF 11g application to ADF 12c and used JDeveloper to do the migration for me, after a bit of code tweaking I tried to deploy the app only to find that it was failing with the java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.TrinidadConverterELTag error. It took some time to find the culprit, so I've decided to share the fix.

The error looks like this:
 JDeveloper 12c Deployment Output
[02:24:33 PM] [Deployer:149034]An exception occurred for task [Deployer:149026]deploy application XXX on adf_server.: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.TrinidadConverterELTag.
[02:24:33 PM] weblogic.application.ModuleException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.TrinidadConverterELTag
[02:24:33 PM] Deployment cancelled.
[02:24:33 PM] ---- Deployment incomplete ----.
[02:24:33 PM] Remote deployment failed (oracle.jdevimpl.deploy.common.Jsr88RemoteDeployer)

The obvious issues to check here are:
  • ADF installed in the WebLogic server
  • ADF libraries correctly targeted for the server instance being deployed to
  • weblogic-application.xml has a reference to the oracle.adf.domain shared library

In my case, all of the above were OK, so the issue was somewhere else.

I tracked it down to the deployment profile in JDeveloper. In my case, the EAR profile had these settings:

Some of the ADF and the Trinidad libraries were selected as Contributors, however the main ADF library was not, so some jar files were not being packaged. The solution was not to add extra libraries as contributors, but to deselect the ADF and Trinidad libraries from being packaged into the EAR file.

If these are not packaged, the web-app will use libraries that are on the server via the oracle.adf.domain shared library import. This fixed the issue with the deployment in my case.


Skip down to comments...
A quick disclaimer...

Although I put in a great effort into researching all the topics I cover, mistakes can happen. If you spot something out of place, please do let me know.

All content and opinions expressed on this Blog are my own and do not represent the opinions of my employer (Oracle). Use of any information contained in this blog post/article is subject to this disclaimer.
comments powered by Disqus
Other posts you may like...