Igor's Blog
Programming, DIY, Games, Hacks, and Tech

Over the past couple of months I've had to do some major maintenance on the 3D printer because some of the original parts simply snapped. I took this opportunity to improve both the printer itself and the box that I built to house it. These are the changed that took place.

The original post for the printer box can be found here: http://www.igorkromin.net/index.php/2013/05/26/a-clear-acrylic-box-for-the-portabee-3d-printer-part-1-making-the-box/.

In terms of the printer itself I've made the following changes:

For the box itself, these were the changes:
  • Added cable covers to hide cables running to the webcam and to hide some other cables that were messing up the interior of the box
  • Added a webcam
  • Repositioned the door so that it swings open sideways now instead of having to lift it up
  • Adding throw switches to turn the extractor and cooling fans on/off
  • Covered all the holes that were drilled in the box with blue 3D printed washers and bolts

Here are some of the photos with the new additions. I have something bigger planned for the 3D printer soon, including a redesign of the entire base and y-axis mounts so keep tuned.











comments powered by Disqus
Other posts you may like...

Recent Blog Posts

A hack to create an uber jar with the Maven Shade Plugin using local jar files

Is it worth it? Apple USB-C Digital Multi AV adapter vs a cheap eBay clone

Running X11 graphical applications after changing to another user using 'sudo su'

How to stop Facebook using ad images as post sharing thumbnails

Picking lists for Atari Lynx capacitor replacement kits

Performance - 2012 Retina MacBook Pro vs 2017 MacBook Pro

Look and feel - 2012 Retina MacBook Pro vs 2017 MacBook Pro

Using math to work out the diameter of hard to reach water cooling pipes

How to get the unreachable shard in the Hinterlands in DragonAge Inquisition

Measy RC12 wireless 2.4Ghz keyboard touchpad review

Recent Galleries

Monument Valley 2 is released and does not disappoint

Space Food - Chocolate Ice Cream with Chocolate Chips

Legeod Star Wars AT-DP kit

DIY spare parts computer build with a RAIDMAX Anura case

Fake 'Lepin' brand Lego packaging

Hardwood garden bench with clear resin void filler

Fixing a 3D printer extruder that stopped heating up

Easily increase disk space in a Lenovo Ideapad 100S 14" laptop with an M.2 SSD

Making a multi-piece 3D printed solder spool holder stand

DIY indoor apartment grow light wiring

My Other Web Sites

Igor and Elise's Travels
Riverside Expressway Cam
300 George St Blogumentary

My Online Tools

UUID to OID Converter
Guru JSON-RPC Tester
Extrudifier Object Designer
Travel ┬ÁBlog

Blogs and Friends

Matt Moores Blog
Georgi's FlatPress Guide
Perplexing Permutations
The Security Sleuth
Ilia Rogatchevski
Travelling Fairy

Blog Activity

Blog Activity
Don't forget to
me for more great articles!
Don't show this again