NOTE: This article is 3 years or older so its information may no longer be relevant. Read on at your own discretion! Comments for this article have automatically been locked, refer to the FAQ
for more details.
One day my web services were working fine, the next I started getting the 'weblogic.transaction.nonxa.NonXAException: IO Error: Connection reset' error every time I tried to run some code that queried the database. This struck me as odd because the same code worked on a different environment.
I've spent quite some time with one of the DBAs to try and determine the cause and came up with blanks. After a while I decided to check the deployment targets on the WebLogic server and found some oddities. Turns out someone half set up a cluster and didn't retarget everything to run on the cluster. The data source was targeted to the cluster, whereas the web service target was still just the managed server.
This is the error that I was seeing in the managed server logs:
The fix is simple, have both the data source and the web service targets the same! Once I've made that change the errors went away.
A quick disclaimer...
Although I put in a great effort into researching all the topics I cover, mistakes can happen.
If you spot something out of place, please do let me know.
All content and opinions expressed on this Blog are my own and do not represent the opinions of my employer (Oracle).
Use of any information contained in this blog post/article is subject to this disclaimer
Other posts you may like...