NOTE: This article is 3 years or older so its information may no longer be relevant. Read on at your own discretion! Comments for this article have automatically been locked, refer to the FAQ
for more details.
The more I work with JWSC
, the more issues I seem to find. This new one is related to JavaCompiler
and has the same smell as the other JWSC problem I've found
. I've not had time to investigate this one in detail, but did find a workaround still.
The problem seemed to be that when I started to package my apps with javapackager
I switched to Java 8 as my default JDK. Since I was on vacation at that time, I had no need to build any work projects and this issue went unnoticed for a week or so. When I got back to work and tried to build our code, it failed, with the error below...
At first I thought that the issue was with some of my code and build system changes of the service I was working on, however the same issue came up for every service I tried to build, so I decided it couldn't be a code issue and must be an environment problem.
I was on the right track. Checking the Java version showed me this...
So I switched back to JDK 7, tried to build our services and it all worked again.
Not exactly sure why JWSC is failing like this, I'd like to get back to this issue later when I have time, but it is not a priority now.
A quick disclaimer...
Although I put in a great effort into researching all the topics I cover, mistakes can happen.
If you spot something out of place, please do let me know.
All content and opinions expressed on this Blog are my own and do not represent the opinions of my employer (Oracle).
Use of any information contained in this blog post/article is subject to this disclaimer
Other posts you may like...