Unfortunately the LED controller had female connectors on it, the LED strip also had female connectors, one of them had to be changed.
I decided to change the LED strip as the controller is more reusable. The female end was cut off, some male pins stripped from breadboard wires and soldered in place of the original connector.
Everything plugged in and power added, we got lift off!
I used some wide heat shrink to seal the LED controller and the wiring so it was at least a little weather proof as this was mounted outside.
The LED strip had a sticky back so getting it into place under the doors was quite easy. The power supply sat near the external power point. The remote control sensor was simply attached to the wall with some double sided tape.
The end result...not bad actually, here are some videos...