NOTE: This article is 3 years or older so its information may no longer be relevant. Read on at your own discretion! Comments for this article have automatically been locked, refer to the FAQ
for more details.
I've been away from using GitLab
for about a month while I've been on vacation and the first time I tried to push a change to my Blog's code, I received the following error:
This error came up every time I tried to do a push using SourceTree
. I didn't try the command line client.
I figured this was a little odd since I am the master (owner) of this private repository
and even though it was a protected branch according to my GitLab
settings, I should have been able to push changes to it.
I logged into the GitLab
website and checked whether I had any web hooks configured and I didn't, so that couldn't have been the problem.
I tried doing a push again and all of a sudden it worked! So I am guessing that logging into the GitLab
website had reset my login session or something and let me do a push to my repository.
A quick disclaimer...
Although I put in a great effort into researching all the topics I cover, mistakes can happen.
If you spot something out of place, please do let me know.
All content and opinions expressed on this Blog are my own and do not represent the opinions of my employer (Oracle).
Use of any information contained in this blog post/article is subject to this disclaimer
Other posts you may like...