I've noticed today that my version of JD-GUI
started crashing whenever I tried to open a jar file
to decompile. I was on macOS Sierra
and had version 0.3.3 of JD-GUI
installed. This was the kind of error and crash report I was getting...
Fortunately there was a way to fix it! The latest version (1.4.0
at the time of writing) from the download page
fixed the problem.
The latest DMG
download also had the same error on launch as my original version, but the TAR
download was ok. After doing some reading on the issue it looked to be a problem with JD-GUI
needing to be recompiled on the latest Xcode
I expect the real issue was with Launch4J
needing to be updated to work with the latest macOS
. Anyway after installing the new version it worked perfectly.
A quick disclaimer...
Although I put in a great effort into researching all the topics I cover, mistakes can happen.
Use of any information from my blog posts should be at own risk and I do not hold any liability towards any information misuse or damages caused by following any of my posts.
All content and opinions expressed on this Blog are my own and do not represent the opinions of my employer (Oracle).
Use of any information contained in this blog post/article is subject to this disclaimer