Igor Kromin |   Consultant. Coder. Blogger. Tinkerer. Gamer.

This is a follow up post from Part 3 where I finished the subwoofer enclosure, in this post I describe the carpeting and the finishing touches.

With the enclosure completed, it's time to wrap it in carpet, add sides and fit it all in the boot, but before getting into that, I'll show the final result as it is now:
IMG_0851.JPG


I think it came out pretty neat and clean. There is quite a fair amount of boot space left over too.



I cleaned up the exterior of the box a bit by sanding it down, then I made the sides that are going to be bolted onto the enclosure once it's in the boot. These sides had to be separate because the whole enclosure would not fit as one piece.
IMG_0818.JPG

IMG_0819.JPG


I wrapped the carpet as a single piece with a seam on the rear side of the box. Some cutting was required for the funny angles on top of the box, this is not visible once the box is fitted.
IMG_0837.JPG


I didn't bother putting carpet on the sides, this is not visible and this is where the side pieces are bolted on anyway.
IMG_0838.JPG


The speaker terminal is fitted.
IMG_0839.JPG


I put silicone around the speaker terminal on the inside to seal any gaps.
IMG_0840.JPG


Doing a test fit in the boot with just the enclosure.
IMG_0843.JPG


Then I wrapped the side pieces in carpet.
IMG_0844.JPG

IMG_0845.JPG


Altogether this is what the whole assembly looks like.
IMG_0846.JPG


Now fitting it into the boot. Note that there is no speaker, this goes in after the enclosure is fitted into the boot.
IMG_0847.JPG


This is a shot from the rear, the box sticks out slightly, but it's still not touching the rear seats.
IMG_0850.JPG


...and again the final result:
IMG_0851.JPG


-i

Have comments or feedback on what I wrote? Please share them below! Found this useful? Consider sending me a small tip.
comments powered by Disqus
Other posts you may like...
Hi! You can search my blog here ⤵
Or browse the recent top tags...

Recent Blog Posts

How to fix Google Cloud SDK dev server error - No module named ipaddr

Adorable but totally metal - Metal Earth 3D Guardians of the Galaxy Groot model kit

Riverside Expressway Cam shut down permanently

Inserting Google DFP ads with Backbone, Underscore and jQuery

How to resolve the domain is already mapped to a project error in Google App Engine

A quick look at the Nyko Super MiniBoss wireless controllers for the SNES mini

Loading and displaying a collection from bootstrapped data in Backbone.js

Add this handy function to your Bash profile file to display the compiled JDK version for a .class file

How does PCBWay stack up as a low budget PCB fab

Resolving the Cannot reference X before supertype constructor is called compiler error in Java

Recent Galleries

BMB-012 Nanoblock T-Rex Skeleton Model assembly

Tiny Arcade revision 6 kit assembly and decal application

Atari Lynx repair - Part 5 - McWill LED screen mod installation

Atari Lynx repair - Part 4 - screen cover replacement

Atari Lynx repair - Part 2 - re-capping the motherboard

Atari Lynx repair - Part 3 - broken speaker replacement

Atari Lynx repair - Part 1 - introduction and case disassembly

Building a custom Atari Lynx game box storage shelf unit in a day

Protecting old Atari Lynx game boxes with snug fit plastic sleeves

Monument Valley 2 is released and does not disappoint

Blogs and Friends

Matt Moores Blog
Georgi's FlatPress Guide
Perplexing Permutations
The Security Sleuth
Ilia Rogatchevski
Travelling Fairy

Blog Activity

Blog Activity