I use SoapUI on a regular basis and today I wanted to change the JDK that it uses. I've noticed that by default the OS X installation of SoapUI 5.1.2 is using JRE 1.7. On my system, I've had the 1.8 JDK set as the default for quite some time, my ~/.profile file pointed to the 1.8 JDK bin directory for the PATH and the JAVA_HOME was set correctly, so it was puzzling to me why 1.7 was being picked up by SoapUI. I dug a little deeper and found the answer.
The answer lies in the /Applications/SoapUI-5.1.2.app/Contents/PlugIns/jre.bundle/Contents/Home
directory. There is a 'jre' directory inside, when I checked the version of java installed there, it was 1.7. Bingo.
This is confirmed inside SoapUI (Help > System Properties
Now to change which JRE is used is as simple as creating a symlink to the correct directory. I renamed the existing 'jre' directory first, just so that it is possible to go back, then I created a symlink to the 1.8 JRE inside my installed JDK's directory.
Running SoapUI with this change did the trick. The correct JRE is being picked up now.
A quick disclaimer...
Although I put in a great effort into researching all the topics I cover, mistakes can happen.
Use of any information from my blog posts should be at own risk and I do not hold any liability towards any information misuse or damages caused by following any of my posts.
All content and opinions expressed on this Blog are my own and do not represent the opinions of my employer (Oracle).
Use of any information contained in this blog post/article is subject to this disclaimer