...and a short video of three of them fully assembled...
Now lets see how this all started. First I built a prototype circuit using just 4 LEDs on a breadboard. There's a video of it to watch.
After I was happy with the design, I designed the full circuit and had it fabricated for me. The PCBs turned out quite nice I think.
So with all the components ready I got to work...
Here's a video of the partially assembled PCB being tested. It works as expected! After soldering on all the components I had a forest of legs to chop off! I didn't cut them all down though, two were left to serve as a stand for the bunny.
For the first bunny I used orange and white LEDs. Results were good, though the white is way brighter than the orange! Here's a video of it in action.
After a couple of hours I had all of the bunnies put together! The second one used pink and blue LEDs and the third one used random colours. I think the random coloured one turned out the best.
I had a lot of component legs as waste after assembly.
There are still two PCBs left over from this project. I will be making these available for sale on eBay at some point as complete kits and if there is any sort of demand I'll make a revised version of the PCB to sell in the future.