Igor Kromin |   Consultant. Coder. Blogger. Tinkerer. Gamer.

I've written previous posts about Putting together the BYOC Mouse guitar pedal kit and the second part of the kit construction. Further I wrote about painting the pedal case. This post ties everything up and is about how I tested the pedal once it was fully assembled and ready to roll (or distort rather!)

To recap this was the finished product (without all the knobs fitted just for testing in case I had to take it apart again)....
IMG_1566.jpg


Before I could test the pedal I had a very big challenge to overcome. I didn't have a guitar. Originally I planned to finish this pedal much sooner and ask someone who had a guitar to test it out, but I ran out of time. So putting some of my electronics skills to test (actually it was super easy) I put together a couple of 3.5mm to 6.5mm audio adapters. The idea with these was that they would connect my Mac's speaker output (3.5mm) to the pedal input (6.5mm), then from the pedal output (6.5mm) to my Bowers and Wilkins MM-1 speakers aux input (3.5mm). I had to use a couple of 3.5mm male-to-male speaker cables in conjunction with these to get it all wired up.

Below are some photos of putting these adapters together. They are both mono, nothing too fancy going on there.

DSC00009.JPG DSC00008.JPG


DSC00010.JPG DSC00011.JPG




Here's a short video of putting these adapters together...



After I had the adapters ready, I launched Garage Band on my Mac and put an acoustic guitar loop on repeat. This made sense to me because I'd be using the pedal to add the distortion/fuzz to the sound. Below is a video of testing out different settings on the pedal. I think it worked pretty well and gave me a good idea of what the pedal was capable of. Of course I expect it would sound much better on a real guitar and I'll wait for my friend Ilia Rogatchevski to confirm it since the pedal was made specifically for him.



-i

Please leave your comments or feedback below!
comments powered by Disqus
Other posts you may like...
Hi! You can search my blog here ⤵
Or browse the recent top tags...

Recent Blog Posts

Review of Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery software for Mac

A year later and GitLab still doesn't allow to show private project activity

How to remove caked on stickers from old game carts

How to pass parameters to your PHP script via the command line

jPhotoFrame new layout engine explained with examples

Atari Lynx Multi SD Card cartridge review

Jersey JAX-RS filters and interceptors execution order when throwing Exceptions

Why I'll never renew a domain with GoDaddy again

Fake AirPods - HBQ-i7 TWS wireless headset teardown

How to fix Postman error - Failed to import data: format not recognized

Recent Galleries

BMB-012 Nanoblock T-Rex Skeleton Model assembly

Tiny Arcade revision 6 kit assembly and decal application

Atari Lynx repair - Part 5 - McWill LED screen mod installation

Atari Lynx repair - Part 4 - screen cover replacement

Atari Lynx repair - Part 2 - re-capping the motherboard

Atari Lynx repair - Part 3 - broken speaker replacement

Atari Lynx repair - Part 1 - introduction and case disassembly

Building a custom Atari Lynx game box storage shelf unit in a day

Protecting old Atari Lynx game boxes with snug fit plastic sleeves

Monument Valley 2 is released and does not disappoint

Blogs and Friends

Matt Moores Blog
Georgi's FlatPress Guide
Perplexing Permutations
The Security Sleuth
Ilia Rogatchevski
Travelling Fairy

Blog Activity

Blog Activity